Thursday, January 19, 2012

New Orleans





Hey there!


Fay and I got to go to New Orleans for a bit of a mini-honeymoon as well as attend Imaging USA (the ginormous professional photography expo that is held every year). Here's a few images from a fantastic quick trip. If you are a fan of Anthony Bourdain's show, The Layover, you'll know exactly what Fay and I did while we were there.


It was a pleasure to meet landscape and nature photographer (and Nikon Tech Rep),
Bill Fortney at the private Nikon VIP suite while the good folks at Nikon were giving my D700 a well-deserved complimentary cleaning.




 Monday evening I made reservations for Fay and I at Chef Paul Prudhomme's fantastic
restaurant, K-Paul's, in the French Quarter.


Beef filet medallions in a Debris sauce was what I ordered for dinner. Fay got the Shrimp
Etouffee. Both dishes were absolutely fantastic as was the wonderful service by our server, Elizabeth. 


 The Hotel New Orleans was excellent and Fay and I highly recommend it. 


 View of the Mississippi River from the Riverwalk.


 "The coffee is strong at the CafĂ© Du Monde,
the doughnuts are too hot to touch.
But just like a fool when those sweet goodies cool,
I eat 'til I've eat way too much." - Jimmy Buffett


Lunch on Tuesday for Fay and I was at The Camellia Grill.
Simply excellent.


 Before heading back to Memphis, Fay and I went through the Garden District and found this little cemetery (Lafayette Cemetery) that was closing up just as we got there. I managed to fire off a shot or two, but I look forward to checking this out thoroughly one day. It is right across from the Commander's Palace that will also be getting some attention on our return visit.


My beautiful bride, Fay, up against a wall just brimming with character. This wall surrounds the Lafayette Cemetery.

No comments:

Post a Comment